The VKU is centrally located in the heart of the European Quarter, it only takes a few minutes walking to reach the Institutions of the European Union: Parliament, Commission and Council.
Access by train and from the airport
From the Southern Railway Station ("Gare du Midi / Zuidstation"), Terminal stop of Thalys and Eurostar (30 minutes)
- Take the underground Metro line 2 or line 6 direction "Elisabeth". Get off at "Arts-Loi / Kunst-Wet" and take either the Metro line 1 direction "Stockel" or the line 5 direction "Hermann-Debroux". Get off at "Schuman" and walk 5 minutes as shown on the map.
From the National Brussels Airport, Zaventem
- Take the train from Brussels Zaventem to Schuman. With the new high speed train you will arrive at Schuman in less than 30 Minutes: Brussels Airport - Zaventem - Brux - Schuman / Bru - Schuman
- Take the bus 12 direction "Brussels City" and get off at Schuman. Walk 5 minutes following the map. Please note that on weekdays after 8 p.m., on week-ends and official holidays, the bus number becomes 21, direction "Hertog-Ducale". Get off at "Schuman".
Useful information and trip-planning
- Official website of the Brussels urban public transport company
- Network maps
- Belgian Railway Company (SNCB)